Thursday, April 18, 2013

Truth by Aleatha Romig

(Consequences #2)




Claire Nichols endured the CONSEQUENCES of Anthony Rawlings’ vendetta.

When she first arrived to his home, her goal was survival. Through strength and compartmentalization Claire captivated her captor. Her resilience in the face of his rule threatened Anthony’s well developed plan. Domination became desire and power turned to love.
Their passion and adoration in a world of opulence appeared perfect. Yet, reality was a roller coaster of emotion. Claire’s world teetered on the edge of sanity as Antony monitored her every move. When given the opportunity to flee, Claire drove away. A fateful decision which set a well laid plan into motion.
However, unbeknownst to either of them, there were others who saw past the perfect facade of Anthony Rawlings. There were others who saw the TRUTH. Conspiracy and unfulfilled promises result in an early prison release for Claire. Not just a release – a pardon. According to the law, her crime never happened!
Will it be that easy? Faced with freedom from her past... can Claire seize it? Can she build a new life, mend her broken spirit, become the woman she once was, and seek her own revenge? Or is it all a game? And does the game master have different plans?
How does Sophia Burke fit into the puzzle that is Tony and Claire? Will her presence affect the future of this well esteemed man? Can he dominate twice? Is that his goal?
TRUTH continues the tumultuous saga of CONSEQUENCES, introduces new players, and uncovers more intrigue. Aleatha Romig skillfully weaves past transgressions through current deception to create a fervent world of obsessed desire. In this reality can an all-consuming relationship survive?
When buried sins are discovered they threaten not only Tony and Claire’s future -- but their very lives! Will the TRUTH be revealed in time?

Recommended: Lovers of the Consequences Triology, The Dark Duet and so many dark books somewhere in this big book universe ;)

Review:


So who played who at the end..!!!! Agr..I knew I shouldn't have read these books until the third installment was released but I just couldn't stop myself... There´s a part at the end with a near future and a happily ever after but then Anthony is where¨?! and Catherine damn it.!! I love this series. It´s the first time in a while I can´t expect anything because when I think I have the story figured out ... Everything changes.. Appearances my friends, nothing is what it seems... and every action has its Consequences.... I know Tony was an ass to her all the first book and I even sympathized with Tony´s parents as well and I hated his grandfather.. But, the author showed us a twisted story about physical violence, love and above all else appearances at the same time you get deep into his past and realize that people you thought were bad aren't as bad as they seem :S... I really hope the third installment gets released sooner because I really want to know how is she going to pull it off. I would really hate not having a HEV :(


In Truth everything you thought you knew is shattered to tiny little pieces because almost everything you thought you knew it´s not.. and you get to see one of the best sides of Tony.. Still controlling still domineering but with a fu"#&&cking big heart and he won´t stop at anything to get to Claire. You understand more things about Tony´s past and even when YOU know he indeed raped her and abused her.. you kind of justify him and start sympathizing. I really don´t know how to explain it..It is just so fu#%ing twisted. This book was so good.!! There where parts were I actually laughed my ass of and others where I felt nostalgic.. I even start developing hate feeling towards Claire´s sister and brother in law. I hate them I just don´t know why. Ever since Claire introduce Tony to them they behaved like if they owned her and could decide what path in life she had to take or something....Like if they were her parents. I understand they died when she was young but she´s a grown up woman now. She doesn´t need THEM to tell her what to do. She feels what she feels and she´ll do whatever is needed to be happy. Thank you so much Mrs. Romig for the fabulous ride .. this has been one of the best reads I had this year.

BEWARE OF SPOILERS.!!!

Favorite Quotes ;)

“I know you enjoy coffee, I´d offer you some. But, the last time I got you coffee, it didn´t work out so well for me."

Tony smirked, "God, Claire you´re something else. I can´t imagine anyone else joking about that."
"Well, see, you misinterpreted. I wasn´t joking. I´m actually still pissed as hell.” 



“First, you're sorry for invading my privacy for years, years before I even knew you existed. Second, you're sorry for kidnapping me, isolating, controlling me, and manipulating me. Third, you're sorry for lying to me, pretending you cared and oh yeah, marrying me. Fourth, listen carefully Tony, this is the big one...you're sorry for framing me for attempted murder, resulting in incarceration in a federal penitentiary."
"I would prefer the words, but you are welcome to say, one through four, if that's easier for you."
"I am deeply sorry for one and four. I did provide you with an alternative destination for number four. I am not proud of two, but three would never have happened without it. I am not, and never will be sorry for three. And, for the record, I never lied about or pretended to love you. I didn't realize it at first, but I have loved you since before you knew my name. And, you forgot our divorce. I am sincerely sorry for that also. Had I known you would be released so soon, we could still be married.” He placed her left hand on her knee, and stroked her empty fourth finger. "You could still officially be mine."

The song I recommend for this book....

Secrets - One Republic

I need another story
Something to get off my chest
My life gets kinda boring
Need something that I can confess
Til’ all my sleeves are stained red
From all the truth that I’ve said
Come by it honestly I swear
Thought you saw wink, no
I’ve been on the brink, so

Tell me what you want to hear
Something that were like those years
Sick of all the insincere
So I’m gonna give all my secrets away
This time, don’t need another perfect line
Don’t care if critics never jump in line
I’m gonna give all my secrets away

My god, amazing how we got this far
It’s like we’re chasing all those stars
Who’s driving shiny big black cars
And everyday I see the news
All the problems that we could solve
And when a situation rises
Just write it into an album
Singing straight, too cold
I don’t really like my flow, no, so

Tell me what you want to hear
Something that were like those years
Sick of all the insincere
So I’m gonna give all my secrets away
This time, don’t need another perfect line
Don’t care if critics never jump in line
I’m gonna give all my secrets away

Oh, got no reason, got not shame
Got no family I can blame
Just don’t let me disappear
I’mma tell you everything

So tell me what you want to hear
Something that were like those years
Sick of all the insincere
So I’m gonna give all my secrets away
This time, don’t need another perfect line
Don’t care if critics never jump in line
I’m gonna give all my secrets away

So tell me what you want to hear
Something that were like those years
Sick of all the insincere
So I’m gonna give all my secrets away
This time, don’t need another perfect line
Don’t care if critics never jump in line
I’m gonna give all my secrets away
All my secrets away, All my secrets away





No comments:

Post a Comment