Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Leo's Chance (Sign of Love #2) by Mia Sheridan



The follow-up to Leo, the USA Today bestselling novel by Mia Sheridan.
Does everyone deserve a second chance? Even someone who lies and deceives to get it?

Do we all have a second chance coming? Even if we play a part in our own destruction?

How hard would you fight to have a second chance at love? A second chance at life? Another chance to tell your own story?



Every love story has two sides. Evie told hers. This time it's Leo's chance.



*************************************************************

If you haven´t read Leo (Sing of Love #1) don´t get near this review...

Wooooaaaaah.! 5+ Emotional heartwarming stars .!!!! 

I don´t know why but I love when the writers give us both characters POV. You know how the book ends but you still get the thrill of knowing what the other person was thinking throughout the first book. God, I had chills when I was getting closer to the climax of the story. Even when I knew it ended with a HEA I just felt distraught for what Jake/Leo was going through to get Evie back to him before he revealed his true identity to her.

This book wasn't supposed to happen I guess. I remember reading in Mia´s web page about not writing second installments and instead she was going to write one book per zodiac sign but I guess that, we (The readers) needed more of Leo and Evie. Seriously, I loved the first book, but sometimes I wondered what Leo was thinking and/or doing when he wasn't around Evie and now all my questions were answered.

I always wondered if Gwen would have she deserved and she did. That Bit"#&ch saw it coming a mile away.

We get to feel the angst Jake has throughout the book and how he struggles in the hospital after his accident and the death of his father.

I suppose anyone that reads this book has previously read the first one, so no need to worry about spoiling situations that happened in that one.

"Why are you looking at me?" She asks, void of any expression in her voice, but her eyes wild with panic.
My eyes search hers for long seconds, looking for anything resembling love or understanding, but find none.
I know what she wants from me though and so I give it to her."Because I like your face."

OH MY.... I have read that line before at the climax of the first one, but reading it through Jake´s eyes was too distressing. I had to stop and wait to pull myself together because I just couldn't afford crying at my desk in the middle of "work". Everything is happening so fast you have to keep your feelings in check to keep reading even though you know what´s going to happen. You literally ache for him, for her, for BOTH OF THEM.!

I can leave this story at peace now. I will eventually read both books again someday just for some R&R ;). Their story was beautiful, packed with horrific and traumatic events from their childhood, but what they suffered throughout the years made them the people they are now, strong, full of love for the smallest things and feeling pride for their own achievements. 

Thank you Mia Sheridan. Looking forward for more of your Sign of Love books <3

My Favorite Quotes...

"It´s a long story."
"I have a Ph.D in long stories." He smiles and I chuckle despite myself. 
"I bet".
"How would you feel about coming back tomorrow morning for an hour or so?"
I pause, considering. "I don´t know, I´m kind of busy. I've got a pity party scheduled for eight o´clock followed by wallowing at nine."
He laughs quietly. "Ten it is then. I´ll see you tomorrow, Jake."

"By the way, pointer, if you´re going to stalk someone, you should try to be a little less obvious about it. For instance, standing in the street gawking at your victim tends to be a giveaway."

"Don´t despair though. I´m sure with some study, you could get better. There might be an instructional video or something you could pick up... maybe a book on the subject, Creepy Stalker for Dummies?"

"Because she´ll tell me to go fuck myself and I don´t want to fuck myself. I want to fuck her." What?!!! LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment