Friday, October 25, 2013

Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters



A New Adult Dark Contemporary Romance, not suitable for people sensitive to grief, slavery, and nonconsensual sex. A story about finding love in the strangest of places, a will of iron that grows from necessity, and forgiveness that may not be enough. 


“My life was complete. Happy, content, everything neat and perfect.
Then it all changed.
I was sold.”



Tess Snow has everything she ever wanted: one more semester before a career in property development, a loving boyfriend, and a future dazzling bright with possibility.  For their two year anniversary, Brax surprises Tess with a romantic trip to Mexico. Sandy beaches, delicious cocktails, and soul-connecting sex set the mood for a wonderful holiday. With a full heart, and looking forward to a passion filled week, Tess is on top of the world.


But lusty paradise is shattered.


Kidnapped. Drugged. Stolen. Tess is forced into a world full of darkness and terror. 


Captive and alone with no savior, no lover, no faith, no future, Tess evolves from terrified girl to fierce fighter. But no matter her strength, it can’t save her from the horror of being sold.


Can Brax find Tess before she’s broken and ruined, or will Tess’s new owner change her life forever?


Coming Septemeber 2013 with help by Black Firefly (lighting the way with self-publishing)

****************************************************************************

Review: 

TEARS OF FUCKING TESS!!!!! AGR!!!!!

I just found my newest book boyfriend. And he might be at the top of them all. I'm in love with Q.

58 Stockholmy perfect stars! I couldn't stay away from this book enough time to make updates about my reading trip.

What can I say about this story...I heard it was awesome and had it on hold since last month because honestly I was waiting for the sequels of other series and I didn't believe it was THAT good and I've seen a lot of reviews both good and bad. Speaking of bad I read people are saying this book is not captive in the dark dark. WTF! of course is not captive in the dark. That is why the book is called Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters not Captive in the dark by C.J. Roberts. Two different writers, two different stories. It doesn't mean that because is not CITD dark it's not dark in it's own unique way. It can't be even compared to Consequences. So please people do not compare these stories. I am a fan of CITD and love Caleb. I am a fan of Consequences and I love Tony. I am now "Captive" for Tears of Tess story and Q is the bomb. Anyway, my goodreads bestie Soenid said: Fernanda you have to read this book and she was so eager for me to read it that she send it as a gift through Amazon and so I started...

I couldn't stomach the first 15% of the book. I wanted to close it and never look back. Everything that was happening to Tess was horrible and very clinical and I know what the writer portrayed there doesn't come close to what really happens when a woman is abducted and sold for sexual slavery. I felt Tess's angst for the situation she was in and how guilty she felt about what was happening thinking it was her fault. Also the people that kidnapped her treated her like crab including beating her for not obeying ( Yeiiii Tess! Thank you for never giving up). On top of that I went for vacations last month to that specific place where she went with her boyfriend and thank God I didn't read it before leaving otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get out of the hotel room bhahaha. Focus Fernanda! 

TOT is written from her POV. She is a strong aussie girl and she is in opposite sides with her boyfriend. Being an unwanted child and not being close to her family makes her clingy and try to please him even when she wants to try "different" things in bed that he doesn't. She doesn't want to be alone and she is his emotional support system since his parents died. But he is so B-O-R-I-N-G.

After all the shit that she has to endure with her kidnappers she is sold. And then Oh My!!!!!! 

Master Q comes into the picture. She is given to him through circumstances he is not going to discuss with her. I haven't been able to fin the perfect Q picture that can make him justice.

"Stop. If she doesn't want to bow, then don't force her."
... "She may crawl if she wishes," he murmured. 


From the moment they met she refuses to acknowledge him as her master, and as her owner and embraces her Devil-may-care attitude.

"I have no master, let me go". 

This of course gives Q the hots for sassy Esclave . Because stubbornness is this woman best friend and she refuses to give him the last of her possessions...

"...seeing as you refuse to tell me your name, you'll be called escalve until you do. If you are going to learn French, let that be your first word." 

There's something mysterious about Q. He seems compassionate but dominant and sadistic at the same time. Hope it makes sense. Sometimes I wanted to love the guy, others kill him, fuck him, kiss him, punch him in the guy, love him again. You know the drill. These two are fucked up with capital F. Q is a controlling, domineering, alpha sexy H-O-T male. He wants her to submit to him. He has been fighting his urge all his life but it is so difficult not to get off with this woman's sassy mouth. He is a monster and Tess doesn't know that with her attitude she has trapped herself in the monsters den.




"... He may be able to molest me, but he wouldn't stay whole while he did." 





Even with his possessive sadistic ways you will love him. I know I did. There's just something about him. Under the I-don-give-a-fuck-i-am-your-master persona he seems to be a good man. That is why this story is a complete roller-coaster. You get him, you don't, you love him, then you don't, you want to fuck him, then don't (That's a lie, you ALWAYS want to fuck him). That just sums Tess's feelings.






"Two things I wanted the most in the world: for Q to die a miserable death, and for him to fuck me." 










OH My God! and the sex scenes!

WTF! So fucking H-O-T! Seriously! Be ready to open a window when you read it because you won't be able to see your book from all the steam Ugh!!!



"I am Ami, Esclave" 

Between those two I don't know who's more fucked up. Both have dark desires and not want to cave in them. So by the end you'll see a different side of well just read it! I guarantee you won't be disappointed. He has a beautiful heat beneath all the shit he has done.

"Nous sommes les uns des autres" 

I can't wait for Quintessentially Q!!!!! 









No comments:

Post a Comment