Friday, October 25, 2013

Carter Reed by Tijan


Emma decided to skip the gym and went home early. It was the last easy decision she made because she found her roommate being raped by the boyfriend. She had two choices. Call the cops and be killed by his family’s mafia connections or kill him first and hope to survive. There was no choice to her. She killed the bastard first and went to the one person who could protect her. Carter Reed. He’s a weapon for the rivaling mafia family, but he’s also Emma’s secret. Not only was he best friends with her brother, but she’s the reason he became that weapon in the first place.

***********************************************************************************

Review:

***SPOILER ALERT*** DON'T GO ANY FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ "CARTER REED"


I was going to give this book 4 stars instead of 5 because I can't believe this is a standalone and it doesn't seem there will be a sequel or something else. But I had almost a full week to think better. ;)

Oh My...Carter Reed *sigh*

What can I say about this one... Meet Christian Grey, Gideon Cross, Ethan Blackstone in one book. He was freaking perfect and I loved it. This book had everything from lust, friendship, murder, action, drama, passion, romance.

"As soon as we get home. You won't walk for a week." 

Emma walks into her apartment to find her roommate is being raped by her boyfriend. She makes a decision that will change her and her roommates life forever. She has to go look for the only person that can truly help her. The one person who will kill any person that gets in his way or who is a threat for her. The person that she was supposed to find after her brother's death. Carter Reed.

I went from room to room and I sliced their throats. When that didn't work and there were too many of them, I used their guns on them." 

After 10 years Carter Reed has made a name for himself. People call him the "Cold Killer". Yes. He made sure to kill everyone who was involved in killing Emma's brother and some others. He owns a private non vanilla night club and other companies. He is believed to work to the Mob which he does.

Emma finds herself in a tough decision. Leave her friends and stay in Carter Reed's house and be part of the Mob or stay with her friends and be a sitting duck. After her brother, how was she able to stay alive so many years without people trying to find her? That's a question only Carter Reed can answer. Not even Emma who finds herself pulled to this H-O-T ass man knows why he entered the business. He sees in Emma his best friends sister and something more...And there is a reason he knows her every move. Scary, Stalkerish but who cares. He'll do everything for her. I would love to have a man like that! *swoon* 

I can't tell more because then I would be spoiling everything but this is a must read. I really loved this story. I read several reviews where people say that at the beginning they were having trouble to understand the story or something like that. I get what they mean. At the beginning Emma is revisiting memories from what her bother told her in the past. What I recommend to the writer is to edit the book and put those memories in italic, underline or something so we can know it's something the heroine remembers from the past and not the present. 

I would love to see more of Noah and Theresa. Their relationship was hilarious. All the bantering and bickering.

"That was a private conversation."
"Not real private when I can hear every damn word. Stop whining, Theresa. I have every intention of bending you over tonight." 


And there was something else at the end about Amanda with Gene?

"Color warmed her cheeks before she jerked her gaze away".


I would also like to know if this book is going to available for paperback anytime soon and the author to write a sequel or novella or something because I think a lot of things were left inconclusive.  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment