Friday, April 12, 2013

Consequences by Aleatha Romig

(Consequences #1)


Besieged by memories of a brutal abduction, Claire Nichols wakes in an unfamiliar bedroom, within a luxurious mansion. Her recollections have one common denominator, the man she just met, Anthony Rawlings. Unbeknownst to Claire, for a very long time, she has been within Anthony’s sights. Many of the pivotal events in her life occurred, due to his sinister manipulation. Every action has a consequence, and his actions result in their chance meeting. More than a psychological thriller, Consequences is a vivid story of one woman’s struggle to survive incomprehensible circumstances. Every aspect of her being suddenly depends upon the tall, wealthy, dark haired, dark eyed businessman. Anthony Rawlings is known to the world as prosperous, benevolent, and kind. Claire quickly learns that he can also be a menacing controlling captor. With few options but concession, Claire attempts to earn her freedom, while enduring a hellish existence that truly appears perfect. Persevering tests and trials, she struggles to retain her pure Midwest values and beliefs. Encouraged by memories of a loving upbringing, she gains strength in the simplest of joys: solitude in nature and good in the face of evil. His goal in sight, Anthony’s calculated agenda encounters an unforeseen detour. He becomes captivated by Claire’s beauty, resilience, and determination. The interaction of these two compelling characters instigates strong emotions: fear, anger, love, and lust. Claire and Anthony's tumultuous journey flows into uncharted waters of intrigue and passion. Utilizing vivid detail, this 167,000-word novel unfolds like a movie, before the eyes of its readers. From the opening criminal abduction, through twists and turns, to the unlikely romantic thrills, the suspense climaxes as Anthony’s motivation becomes evident. Anthony and Claire must decide if they will stay true to one another, or allow preceding actions to result in justifiable Consequences.

Recommended: 18+

Lovers of: The Dark Duet by C.J. Roberts, Comfort Food by Kitty Thomas among others.

Review:

That WAS AN EPIC, WTF, WHAT DID I MISS, I CAN´T BELIEVE HE DID IT ENDING and I´m still trying to understand the stream of emotions am having at the moment....I am still reeling with them.

Every time Anthony went to her suite and greeted her the only thought that came to my mind was Hannibal Lecter in The Silence of the lambs: "Good evening Clarice" ....It really gave me chills.

I suffered the angst she felt whenever he was near because I honestly didn't know what to expect of his reactions toward her. and I feel as if a was also played into his game of seduction. I feel soooo used. He raped her, physically beat her and other times he was good to her so why am I falling for this guy?! Is something wrong with me?!!! LOL Why am I sympathizing?!!! Noooooooo.!!!! 

This book was a maze. You start reading bits and pieces and put together the story in your head. There are a lot of unanswered questions. You actually believe he´s in love with her. He´s a good actor. The thing is that for someone so dark as him you really sense a change of emotions from him toward her, like if he is fighting the emotional attraction he has for her and finally gives in but with that ending.... MY GOD.!!! DAMN!!!!  I even cried. I was so mad I wanted to get into that book and smack him in the face for being such an ASS.

I know people have reviewed that this book wasn´t meant to arouse readers and that is not a love story but I must say I was excited literally looking forward for more Anthony/Claire encounters :S. And with the afterward.. My God.!!! He has more plans for Ms. Burke to complete the revenge.. Soo.. That means.. that he´s kidnapping her too?! What?! Is he planning her acquisition ? He´s going to move on after Claire?!! What?!!! Damn.!! I'm so jealous and mad at him. Why am I jealous?! I seriously thought HE was meant for Claire. I can´t believe he´s leaving her in that dump hole for other woman damn damn damn.!!! Is it normal I feel jealous?! He´s one evil MF.!!

Well played Mrs. Romig, well played.. I will start reading Truth right away. I have to know what´s next in Anthony Rawlings chess game. BRING IT ON.!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment