Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Epilogue (The Dark Duet #3) by C.J. Roberts






BOOK 3 OF THE DARK DUET

(The final version should have 15 Chapters + an epilogue)


I’m writing this because you begged. You know how I love the begging. In fact, you probably know too many things and know them far too well.


Who am I?


Well, that’s what I’m trying to figure out. I was a whore in my youth, a killer since my adolescence, and a monster as a man. I am the man who kidnapped Livvie. I am the man who held her in a dark room for weeks. But, most importantly, I am the man she loves.


She loves me. It’s quite sick, isn’t it?


Of course, there’s more to our story than can be surmised in a few short sentences, but I’m at a loss for justifying my behavior back then. I assume if you’re reading this, I don’t need to make those justifications. You’ve already made your own.


You’re reading this because you want to know about the rest of the story. You want to know what happened that warm summer night in September of 2010, the night I met Livvie at The Paseo. It was the night my life changed all over again.


It didn't happen exactly as Livvie said. She’s been very kind to me in the retelling of our story. The truth is far more…complicated.

***********************************************************

My master of half-truths is so arrogant.!! 

"Of course, there’s more to our story than can be surmised in a few short sentences, but I’m at a loss for justifying my behavior back then. I assume if you’re reading this, I don’t need to make those justifications. You’ve already made your own." - Caleb

5+ Mother fucking stars.!! This was the perfect closure..

I read several reviews in which people say that the story ended in SITD and there was no need for a third book. I TOTALLY disagree. A man like Caleb can´t change his ways from one day to another. That change takes an incredible amount of time and patience. I think we (lovers of The Dark Duet Series) needed this closure for our piece of mind. After I read CITD and SITD my brain was wasted. Yes.!! I even closed SITD and start bawling like a 5 year old when Livvie spoke for the first time with Agent Reed (I hope you remember which part I´m talking about).

In this book we see Caleb as the self assured, arrogant, master of half-truths motherfucker he´s always been but still with a keen interest for Livvie. He loves her and knows that the right thing to do is let her live her life without him but he´s too selfish to let her go. 

After Livvie was left in the Mexico/US Border and spoke to the FBI, went into witness protection and changed her name and her place of residence she couldn´t put herself together. She just wasn´t ready to give him up and forget about him and by the end of SITD she had fallen for him big time. She protected him when she was questioned about him, go figure. They are made for each other. They are two of a kind. We new already they ended up together. They had a so much ups and downs in this book but fortunately they could figure everything out.

There is really no ending to their story. They are in love, the story ended after they were able to sort everything out or at least some. They´ll keep having adventures. I´m pretty sure about that and we also know what he did, who he was before falling for Livvie and we know they´ll keep running to keep Caleb safe from getting caught my the INTERPOL, FBI, CIA or whoever wants him caught. He lives one day at a time. He misses his old life. It´s easy but he wants to be a better man for her. *Sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment